I know I’ve been MIA the last 2 months, that’s because I was very busy with finals and my thesis defense. Right after I finished, I traveled to Malaysia with my friends. It was an unforgettable trip so I thought I would share with you some of what I’ve done while I was there 🙂
My friends and I first went to Lingkawi island which is adjacent to the Thai boarders. We went on a boat ride through the mangroves, went on the cable cars, walked on the sky bridge, drove dirt bikes in the mountains and so much more!
We then headed to Cameron where we visited the honey farm and tea plantation. I was very excited because honey and tea are my 2 favorite things in the world! We also went to Malacca where we had the opportunity to go on a safari and interact with different animals. Since I love animals, there wasn’t an animal in sight that I didn’t feed or pet lool! 😀
We spent a couple of days in the Kuala Lumpur where we had the chance to watch a traditional show, go to Chinatown, see the twin towers, shop and lots more before we headed home. I hope you enjoy the photos below!
3D Art Museum
Lingkawi Sky Bridge
Boat ride through the mangroves
A mosque in Kuala Lumpur
Batu cave (The most sacred Hindu temple in Malaysia)
Arriving at the airport!
Kuala Lumpur heritage trail!
Exploring Malacca (My favorite city of all ❤ )
I absolutely LOVED Malaysia and everything that it embodies. Highly recommend visiting it! On a side note, one of my goals for this year to be more consistent in blogging so lets see how I do.
Until next time! xoxo
A few days ago, I realized that I have not shared personal information about myself. I have been blogging for the past year so I thought its about time that you get to know me a little better. I prepared 20 random facts about myself. I actually asked my friends and family to help me out, their notes were really hilarious! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this post 🙂 Let me know some fun facts about you in the comments.
- I am definitely a tea person. I have every type of tea imaginable!
- That’s because I don’t like coffee.
- I am a very light sleeper.
- I cannot stand the taste of avocado. Yes that means I don’t eat guacamole.
- When I was really young, my favorite color was yellow.
- But now it’s pink!
- I am a very organized person. I will stop everything at hand to clean and make sure everything is in its place.
- I can never understand physics if my life depended on it.
- I would be lost without my planner.
- You can’t put dessert in front of me and think I won’t eat it 😀
- I LOVE lemons!
- I literally put sriracha on everything I eat.
- Many people have told me that I look like Victoria Justice. I would literally get stopped on the street by strangers to tell me that.
- But I honestly have never seen the resemblance.
- I wanted to be a teacher when I was in fifth grade. I somehow ended up in pharmacy school instead.
- Spring is my favorite season.
- I was in girl scouts for a long time.
- I will buy everything if I go grocery shopping while I’m hungry.
- Spanish is a very beautiful language.
- That is why I hope that one day I will speak Spanish fluently.
Hope you all have a wonderful day! Xoxo
Stress is one of the very few certainties that touch every individual at some point of their life. It is inevitable, but how we choose to deal with it will make all the difference. There is no one way to deal with stress; you must experiment to find what works for you. Dealing with stress in a positive and healthy manner will add to your overall well-being. Here are a few quick tips to help you de-stress when you don’t have much time to devote for relaxing:
- Practice breathing exercise. It is so simple yet so undervalued. Taking five minutes to take deep breathes with your eyes closed will make all the difference. I promise you that.
- Light up scented candles. I love lighting candles especially when I’m studying really late at night. The aroma and the lights really put me in a calming mood.
- When sitting for longing hour studying or working, get up and take 5 minutes to stretch your body.
- Hang a positive quote where you can see it. Someone near to my heart once told me “Just remember that no matter how hard one minute may be or how long it may last. In the very end, it will only be one minute and not a second longer.” I immediately wrote it down and hanged it on top of my desk so I always remember that whatever stress I’m under, it will only be for a certain period of time.
- Watch a motivational video. There are some days when I feel so overwhelmed with stress that I don’t know what to do. I found that taking 5 minutes to watch a motivational video on youtube helps boost my confidence and remind me why I’m working so hard.
- Listen to relaxing music. I personally found that listening relaxing music while working on calculations or after a very long day helps me relax.
- Talk to a family member or a friend. It will help put things into perspective. They can give you tips on how to tackle your situation as well as remind you that you are capable of handling anything that comes your way.
- Remember why you are doing it. For example, instead of stressing over work and how much you need to get done. You can say “I am working to provide for my family and be the best role model for my kids so they can someday be successful individuals.”
- Change your perspective. Simply changing the way you look at a situation will immediately change how you feel about it. Just by saying “I can do this” or “Things will work out at the end” instead of “I’m so dumb” or “I can never get it done” will help you calm down and control stress.
- Enjoy a hot drink. I personally love drinking green tea with organic honey 🙂
- Finally, go for a walk for 10 minutes to get some fresh air will make you feel brand new.
I hope these tips help you as much as they help me. xoxo
Hey there girls!
I am so excited to be back to blogging! I had midterms for over 2 weeks so I was basically studying studying studying. Finishing midterms has marked the end of half of this semester (Yayy!) 😀 On a side note, I have officially received the document to register for the graduation project! Two words that I thought I would never see lool!
For today’s look, I wanted to keep it very minimal. As they say, less is more. I am wearing white straight pants with a white blouse and a grey vest on top for added coverage. I am also wearing grey heels and grey handbag. I finished the look with a soft pink scarf and a large necklace for a touch of color. You can play it down by wearing converse, a long strap handbag and changing the necklace.
What I’m wearing:
Blouse: Van Huessen
Its good to be back! xoxo
Hey there girls!
This was my first week back to pharmacy school and I’m already counting the weeks for the semester to be over lool! 😀 This semester will involve a great deal of hard work, but I’m looking forward for the challenge. As my dad always says “Nothing great comes easy.”
For those who don’t know what an abaya is, it is a loose dress like over-garment that is worn in parts of the Muslim countries. It is traditionally black but the recent trend of colored abaya’s is really beautiful! ❤ So for today’s post, I am wearing a maroon abaya with floral detailing along the front, back and on the sleeves. The shoulders are lifted giving it a royal feel and it has pockets (yayy!). I finished the look with an off-white blouse, pants and hijab.
What I’m Wearing:
Abaya: Regional Designer
Pants: American Eagle
Hijab: Local Store
Love you guys! xoxo
With Ramadan coming to an end, I have been busy celebrating Eid with my family and friends. My family and I spent the first day of Eid on a cruise ship enjoying a fancy dinner. The music was great and the staff was super nice, it was a day to remember alhamdulillah ❤
I got a request asking me to post a hijab friendly look that is comfortable yet fashionable when traveling on a plane so here it is 🙂 I am wearing black boot cut jeans with an oversize white and black blouse. I finished the look with purple sandals, a purple handbag that is large enough to put all my things and a purple jersey hijab. Jersey is the perfect fabric to wear when traveling, working out or spending long hours wearing the hijab because it stays in place so you never have to worry about how you look.
I just had to share a picture of the dinner while we were on the cruise ship 🙂
What Im Wearing:
Sandals: Michel Kores
Hijab: Local store
Ring: Forever 21
Until next time! xoxo
Hi there girls!
I am so sad that my internship has ended. I had a wonderful supervisor that trained me, answered all my never ending questions and gave me the opportunity to take on cases. I learned so much so to show my appreciation to the staff, I decided to bring them chocolate cupcakes with a small thank you card. Hopefully they love it.
Bootcut jeans are back and they are a major trend this season! I love this style of jeans because it isn’t tight making it more modest. I decided to pair my bootcut jeans with a white blouse and a long red cardigan for extra coverage. I matched it with a floral print hijab and white sandals. I finished the look with a belt and a large gold bracelet. This outfit is super chic, fashionable yet modest. Hope you like this look!
I had to share a photo of the cupcakes 😀
What I’m Wearing:
Cardigan: Forever 21
Sandals: Tommy Hilfiger
Belt: New Look
Ramadan is almost over y’all! xoxo