Bad days are the worst, unfortunately it happens to everyone. At the moment juggling school, work and everything else can get overwhelming at times. So I thought I’d share with you things I do when I’m a bad day.
- Sing along to your favorite song. When it has been a long day at school, I like to listen to my favorite song and sing along with it. It instantly lifts up my mood. I personally prefer slow songs that put me at ease. Some songs I like to listen to include a little too much by Shawn Mendes and scars to your beautiful by Alessia Cara.
- Call someone you love. Whether it was your mom, sister or best friend, giving someone you love a call and telling them about your day will let out some of the frustration and negative energy. Let them give you advice about what you should do and help you out.
- Clean your apartment. Clean your mind by cleaning your apartment. You’ll feel a lot better when everything is put away and organized. Add some fresh flowers. You’ll feel happier!
- Take a hot shower. Nothing feels better than taking a nice long hot shower to relax your muscles and rewind after having a bad day.
- Go for a run. Running is an excellent way to let out all of the negative energy. You also feel accomplished by the end of the run. It will help you focus on what you need to do. It’s like therapy!
- Eat your favorite food. Sometimes all it takes to make yourself feel a little better is to eat your favorite food. It will make you look forward to something when having a bad day. I personally love to eat sushi! Yummy 🙂
- Log out of social media. It can get depressing seeing people having an amazing day or traveling while you’re here struggling to make ends meet. Sometimes, all you need is to logout of all of social media and take a break to be with yourself.
- Take a break. When you’re having a hard day and struggling, it’s a good a got idea to stop and walk away from what you’re doing. Take a break, go stretch or watch your favorite TV show then go back to what you were doing. You’ll feel more refreshed!
Until next time! xoxo