If you should know anything about me then it is that I don’t like recipes that are complicated, with lots of ingredients or take too long to make. I short, I don’t like wasting time on cooking. I mean who has time for it anyways. So in my blog, I will be sharing recipes that are easy to make, super healthy and delicious! Few ingredients and simple steps that even beginners in the kitchen (like me:p) can make.
If you have a sweet tooth like I do then you know that it’s nearly impossible to give up on desserts. Eating healthy isn’t about depriving yourself, it’s about making smarter choice on what you eat. These dark chocolate banana bites are delicious, nutritious and healthy.
Ingredients: *Serving: 3 pieces
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- 1 large bar of 70% organic dark chocolate
- ¼ cup of crushed almonds
- Cut the bananas to ½ inch slices.
- Place a little bit of almond butter on a slice of banana then place another slice on top to make a sandwich.
- Place them in the freezer for an hour.
- Heats the dark chocolate in the microwave until it completely melts then dip the frozen bananas until it is completely covered with chocolate.
- Top it with crushed almonds then place it in the freezer for a few hours until its completely frozen.
Get creative with this recipe; you can use peanut butter instead of almond butter. You can use crushed hazelnuts or shredded coconut instead of almonds. This is one of my favorite desserts to eat when I’m craving something sweet. I hope you enjoy it as much as do!
Bon apatite! xoxo
I want to share with you an appetizer that is perfect when entertaining a large number of people. It is fresh, clean annddd takes no time at all to make! It is also great to make at any occasion. Be creative with this recipe and make it your own.You can use mint instead of basil, use yellow tomatoes instead of red or even change the mozzarella to cheddar cheese. The wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can make a variety of different combinations to please everyone’s tastebuds 😀
Serving: 15 (2 per person)
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 30 mozzarella balls, patted dry with a paper towel
- 30 Basil leaves
- Pepper and Salt
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 30 skewers
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slide a piece of mozzarella onto the toothpick. Fold a basil leaf in half and slide it up next to the mozzarella. Then slide a tomato onto the bottom of the skewer, cut side down. You may need to move the mozzarella and basil down to touch the tomato. Make sure that the flat side of the tomato is right at the end of the toothpick so it would be able to up straight.
- Transfer the finished skewers onto the serving plate.
- For the dip, place the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl, mix together and place it onto the serving plate.
P.S. I apologize for not blogging sooner, I was sick for about 2 week. Feeling so much better now 🙂Ohh and helloooo spring break!!
Happy eating! xoxo
I’m really excited to share this recipe today. its super easy, super delicious and super healthy! Not to mention that it only takes 5 minutes to make. Can’t get any better than this 🙂 You can make the ice cream ahead of time, place it in the freezer and serve it when you have friends coming over for a visit. This ice cream is so good that your friends will never be able to tell the difference.
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of coco powder
- Organic honey (optional)
- Strawberries, chopped
- Blue berries
- Handful of almonds, crushed
- Cut the bananas into slices and place them in the freezer over night.
- Place the frozen bananas and the coco powder in the food processor until it forms a creamy consistency. You can add as much or as little honey depending on how sweet you like your ice cream to be.
- Transfer the ice cream into a serving bowl, add the strawberries, blue berries and almonds.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can make it your own. You can add strawberries instead of coco powder for strawberry ice cream. You can also add mint and coco nibs for mint and chocolate chip ice cream. The flavors are endless!
Hope you enjoy it! xoxo
Hello beautiful girls!
Today, I want to share with you a delicious salad that is healthy and fresh. It goes really well with a sandwich or chicken, any leftovers of the salad will stay fairly crisp. I recommend you putting the baked pita squares in a small sandwich bag and adding it right before serving. This will ensure that the pita squares don’t go soggy.
Ingredients: Servings: 2
- 1 small whole wheat pita bread, cut into squares
- 2 medium size cucumbers, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Handful of watercress, chopped
- Fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup of low fat Greek yogurt
- Half a lemon, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 300 F (150 C).
- Spread the pita bread onto the baking sheet and bake them until they become crisp.
- In a salad bowl, mix the cucumbers, celery, mint and watercress together.
- In another bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and feta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, add the dressing over the salad and garnish with the baked pita squares.
Yes guys, It’s that easy to make! Be creative with the salad and make it your own. You can add pine nuts or almonds if you like. Let me know if you try it (:
With much love! xoxo