If you have a sweet tooth like I do then you know that it’s nearly impossible to give up on desserts. Eating healthy isn’t about depriving yourself, it’s about making smarter choice on what you eat. These dark chocolate banana bites are delicious, nutritious and healthy.
Ingredients: *Serving: 3 pieces
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- 1 large bar of 70% organic dark chocolate
- ¼ cup of crushed almonds
- Cut the bananas to ½ inch slices.
- Place a little bit of almond butter on a slice of banana then place another slice on top to make a sandwich.
- Place them in the freezer for an hour.
- Heats the dark chocolate in the microwave until it completely melts then dip the frozen bananas until it is completely covered with chocolate.
- Top it with crushed almonds then place it in the freezer for a few hours until its completely frozen.
Get creative with this recipe; you can use peanut butter instead of almond butter. You can use crushed hazelnuts or shredded coconut instead of almonds. This is one of my favorite desserts to eat when I’m craving something sweet. I hope you enjoy it as much as do!
Bon apatite! xoxo
Hello beautiful girls!
Today, I want to share with you a delicious salad that is healthy and fresh. It goes really well with a sandwich or chicken, any leftovers of the salad will stay fairly crisp. I recommend you putting the baked pita squares in a small sandwich bag and adding it right before serving. This will ensure that the pita squares don’t go soggy.
Ingredients: Servings: 2
- 1 small whole wheat pita bread, cut into squares
- 2 medium size cucumbers, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Handful of watercress, chopped
- Fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup of low fat Greek yogurt
- Half a lemon, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 300 F (150 C).
- Spread the pita bread onto the baking sheet and bake them until they become crisp.
- In a salad bowl, mix the cucumbers, celery, mint and watercress together.
- In another bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and feta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, add the dressing over the salad and garnish with the baked pita squares.
Yes guys, It’s that easy to make! Be creative with the salad and make it your own. You can add pine nuts or almonds if you like. Let me know if you try it (:
With much love! xoxo