If you have a sweet tooth like I do then you know that it’s nearly impossible to give up on desserts. Eating healthy isn’t about depriving yourself, it’s about making smarter choice on what you eat. These dark chocolate banana bites are delicious, nutritious and healthy.
Ingredients: *Serving: 3 pieces
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- 1 large bar of 70% organic dark chocolate
- ¼ cup of crushed almonds
- Cut the bananas to ½ inch slices.
- Place a little bit of almond butter on a slice of banana then place another slice on top to make a sandwich.
- Place them in the freezer for an hour.
- Heats the dark chocolate in the microwave until it completely melts then dip the frozen bananas until it is completely covered with chocolate.
- Top it with crushed almonds then place it in the freezer for a few hours until its completely frozen.
Get creative with this recipe; you can use peanut butter instead of almond butter. You can use crushed hazelnuts or shredded coconut instead of almonds. This is one of my favorite desserts to eat when I’m craving something sweet. I hope you enjoy it as much as do!
Bon apatite! xoxo
I’m really excited to share this recipe today. its super easy, super delicious and super healthy! Not to mention that it only takes 5 minutes to make. Can’t get any better than that 🙂 You can make the ice cream ahead of time, place it in the freezer and serve it when you have friends coming over for a visit. This ice cream is so good that your friends will never be able to tell the difference.
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of coco powder
- Organic honey (optional)
- Strawberries, chopped
- Blue berries
- Handful of almonds, crushed
- Cut the bananas into slices and place them in the freezer over night.
- Place the frozen bananas and the coco powder in the food processor until it forms a creamy consistency. You can add as much or as little honey depending on how sweet you like your ice cream to be.
- Transfer the ice cream into a serving bowl, add the strawberries, blue berries and almonds.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can make it your own. You can add strawberries instead of coco powder for strawberry ice cream. You can also add mint and coco nibs for mint and chocolate chip ice cream. The flavors are endless!
Hope you enjoy it! xoxo
It is a struggle to keep your hair healthy and in a great state while being covered especially when you wear the hijab for a long time throughout the day (I know all my hijabis are nodding yes :p). So today I am sharing with you simple tips that I personally do to keep my hair healthy.
- Never wear the hijab while your hair is still wet because it increases hair fallout. It is very important to give your hair time to air dry.
- Once you have removed the hijab after a long day, take about a minute to massage your scalp gently with your fingertips, not nails. This will help promote circulation to the scalp area increasing hair growth.
- Keep your hair untied while you are not wearing the hijab. You can use a headband or a clip to remove the front of your hair. This gives room for the hair to breathe.
- Get your hair trimmed about every six months. This helps hair grow and thicken, as well as remove split ends.
- Use a deep conditioner containing coconut oil or olive oil once a week to strengthen and improve the overall health of the hair. I even recommend using a homemade deep conditioner if available. This keeps the hair shiny, and maintains the hairs elasticity.
This is what I do to take care of my hair. These tips are simple yet very effective. If any of you guys have other tips that keep hair healthy, please feel free to share! I would love to know (:
P.S. Sorry for not blogging sooner, I started the second semester of school and I was really busy. Thank God the weekend is here 😀
Love you guys! xoxo
Hello beautiful girls!
Today, I want to share with you a delicious salad that is healthy and fresh. It goes really well with a sandwich or chicken, any leftovers of the salad will stay fairly crisp. I recommend you putting the baked pita squares in a small sandwich bag and adding it right before serving. This will ensure that the pita squares don’t go soggy.
Ingredients: Servings: 2
- 1 small whole wheat pita bread, cut into squares
- 2 medium size cucumbers, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Handful of watercress, chopped
- Fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup of low fat Greek yogurt
- Half a lemon, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 300 F (150 C).
- Spread the pita bread onto the baking sheet and bake them until they become crisp.
- In a salad bowl, mix the cucumbers, celery, mint and watercress together.
- In another bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and feta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, add the dressing over the salad and garnish with the baked pita squares.
Yes guys, It’s that easy to make! Be creative with the salad and make it your own. You can add pine nuts or almonds if you like. Let me know if you try it (:
With much love! xoxo