Stress is one of the very few certainties that touch every individual at some point of their life. It is inevitable, but how we choose to deal with it will make all the difference. There is no one way to deal with stress; you must experiment to find what works for you. Dealing with stress in a positive and healthy manner will add to your overall well-being. Here are a few quick tips to help you de-stress when you don’t have much time to devote for relaxing:
- Practice breathing exercise. It is so simple yet so undervalued. Taking five minutes to take deep breathes with your eyes closed will make all the difference. I promise you that.
- Light up scented candles. I love lighting candles especially when I’m studying really late at night. The aroma and the lights really put me in a calming mood.
- When sitting for longing hour studying or working, get up and take 5 minutes to stretch your body.
- Hang a positive quote where you can see it. Someone near to my heart once told me “Just remember that no matter how hard one minute may be or how long it may last. In the very end, it will only be one minute and not a second longer.” I immediately wrote it down and hanged it on top of my desk so I always remember that whatever stress I’m under, it will only be for a certain period of time.
- Watch a motivational video. There are some days when I feel so overwhelmed with stress that I don’t know what to do. I found that taking 5 minutes to watch a motivational video on youtube helps boost my confidence and remind me why I’m working so hard.
- Listen to relaxing music. I personally found that listening relaxing music while working on calculations or after a very long day helps me relax.
- Talk to a family member or a friend. It will help put things into perspective. They can give you tips on how to tackle your situation as well as remind you that you are capable of handling anything that comes your way.
- Remember why you are doing it. For example, instead of stressing over work and how much you need to get done. You can say “I am working to provide for my family and be the best role model for my kids so they can someday be successful individuals.”
- Change your perspective. Simply changing the way you look at a situation will immediately change how you feel about it. Just by saying “I can do this” or “Things will work out at the end” instead of “I’m so dumb” or “I can never get it done” will help you calm down and control stress.
- Enjoy a hot drink. I personally love drinking green tea with organic honey 🙂
- Finally, go for a walk for 10 minutes to get some fresh air will make you feel brand new.
I hope these tips help you as much as they help me. xoxo