I want to share with you an appetizer that is perfect when entertaining a large number of people. It is fresh, clean annddd takes no time at all to make! It is also great to make at any occasion. Be creative with this recipe and make it your own.You can use mint instead of basil, use yellow tomatoes instead of red or even change the mozzarella to cheddar cheese. The wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can make a variety of different combinations to please everyone’s tastebuds 😀
Serving: 15 (2 per person)
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 30 mozzarella balls, patted dry with a paper towel
- 30 Basil leaves
- Pepper and Salt
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 30 skewers
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slide a piece of mozzarella onto the toothpick. Fold a basil leaf in half and slide it up next to the mozzarella. Then slide a tomato onto the bottom of the skewer, cut side down. You may need to move the mozzarella and basil down to touch the tomato. Make sure that the flat side of the tomato is right at the end of the toothpick so it would be able to up straight.
- Transfer the finished skewers onto the serving plate.
- For the dip, place the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl, mix together and place it onto the serving plate.
P.S. I apologize for not blogging sooner, I was sick for about 2 week. Feeling so much better now 🙂Ohh and helloooo spring break!!
Happy eating! xoxo