It is a struggle to keep your hair healthy and in a great state while being covered especially when you wear the hijab for a long time throughout the day (I know all my hijabis are nodding yes :p). So today I am sharing with you simple tips that I personally do to keep my hair healthy.
- Never wear the hijab while your hair is still wet because it increases hair fallout. It is very important to give your hair time to air dry.
- Once you have removed the hijab after a long day, take about a minute to massage your scalp gently with your fingertips, not nails. This will help promote circulation to the scalp area increasing hair growth.
- Keep your hair untied while you are not wearing the hijab. You can use a headband or a clip to remove the front of your hair. This gives room for the hair to breathe.
- Get your hair trimmed about every six months. This helps hair grow and thicken, as well as remove split ends.
- Use a deep conditioner containing coconut oil or olive oil once a week to strengthen and improve the overall health of the hair. I even recommend using a homemade deep conditioner if available. This keeps the hair shiny, and maintains the hairs elasticity.
This is what I do to take care of my hair. These tips are simple yet very effective. If any of you guys have other tips that keep hair healthy, please feel free to share! I would love to know (:
P.S. Sorry for not blogging sooner, I started the second semester of school and I was really busy. Thank God the weekend is here 😀
Love you guys! xoxo