Hello beautiful girls!
Today, I want to share with you a delicious salad that is healthy and fresh. It goes really well with a sandwich or chicken, any leftovers of the salad will stay fairly crisp. I recommend you putting the baked pita squares in a small sandwich bag and adding it right before serving. This will ensure that the pita squares don’t go soggy.
Ingredients: Servings: 2
- 1 small whole wheat pita bread, cut into squares
- 2 medium size cucumbers, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Handful of watercress, chopped
- Fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup of low fat Greek yogurt
- Half a lemon, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 300 F (150 C).
- Spread the pita bread onto the baking sheet and bake them until they become crisp.
- In a salad bowl, mix the cucumbers, celery, mint and watercress together.
- In another bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and feta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, add the dressing over the salad and garnish with the baked pita squares.
Yes guys, It’s that easy to make! Be creative with the salad and make it your own. You can add pine nuts or almonds if you like. Let me know if you try it (:
With much love! xoxo